1. Jarryd Hayne (Eels) - made a strong return for the Eels in a losing side, having a hand in three tries and scoring another himself. A great attacking effort, but not enough to win him a Blues spot. Isaac Gordon is a close runner-up for our fullback spot after a superb defensive performance against the Roosters.
2. Blake Ferguson (Raiders) - showed great skill to deny Cameron Smith a 40/20 late in the contest against the Storm, and then scored a sensational individual try to wrap up a stunning win - kicking ahead for himself and tip-toeing down the sideline to cross for the match-winner.
3. Willie Tonga (Cowboys) - the Queensland Origin centre was a class act against the Eels with 10 runs for 115 metres, including two line breaks, eight tackle busts and a line-break assist.
4. Ben Pomeroy (Sharks) - scored two tries and saved another as Cronulla claimed a well-earned upset win over the tricolours.
5. Michael Gordon (Panthers) - scored a try himself, crashed through three tacklers to set up another for Brad Tighe and then sent Timana Tahu over in a stunning display against Brisbane, before being hit with a potentially season-ending injury.
6. Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys) - we've had to switch JT to pivot to fit him into our side after a wonder display against Parramatta. He engineered a huge comeback win with two tries, a try assist and six goals, and has hit top form ahead of Origin. Warriors playmaker James Maloney must get a notable mention after another stellar display for the Warriors against Newcastle.
7. Chris Sandow (Rabbitohs) - all eyes were on Sandow in his first game for the Bunnies since signing with the Eels for 2012, and he didn't disappoint. Rolled in a grubber for the first try, had a hand in a couple of others, kicked a 40/20, slotted a cheeky field-goal and landed six goals from as many attempts.
8. Matt Scott (Cowboys) - a huge effort from the big front-rower, who made 17 hit-ups for 172 metres, plus five tackle-busts, two offloads, 22 tackles and a line-break.
9. Kevin Kingston (Panthers) - it was a terrific performance from the Penrith rake against the Broncos, with Kingston contributing 16 darts from dummy-half, two line breaks, a couple of offloads, 37 tackles and a try.
10. Ben Ross (Rabbitohs) - had the burden of being Souths' only specialist prop against the Tigers but rose to the occasion, setting up a try and leading the pack with 16 hit-ups.
11. Shaun Fensom (Raiders) - the Canberra workhorse played an action-packed 80 minutes against Melbourne, with 15 hit-ups for 135 metres plus three offloads, a line break and 44 tackles.
12. Luke Lewis (Panthers) - had an instant impact with his return for Penrith, scoring the opening try and making a massive 11 tackle breaks in a big win over Brisbane.
13. Paul Gallen (Sharks) - a typically epic performance in attack from the Cronulla leader as his team out-enthused the Roosters, making 215 metres from his 24 carries including two line breaks, seven tackle busts, a couple of offloads and a try.
Team of the Week leaders
5 entries - Cameron Smith, Paul Gallen.
3 entries - Ben Barba, Will Hopoate, Blake Ferguson, Matt Cooper, Mark Gasnier, Benji Marshall, Johnathan Thurston, Chris Sandow, Aidan Tolman, Corey Parker.
2 entries - Billy Slater, Jarryd Hayne, Luke Burt, Akuila Uate, Jharal Yow Yeh, Ben Pomeroy, Darren Lockyer, Cooper Cronk, Luke Bailey, Dan Hunt, Petero Civoniceva, Kade Snowdwn, Matt Scott, Ben Creagh, Feleti Mateo, Dave Taylor, Dallas Johnson, Sika Manu, Chris Heighington.